University of South Florida – College of Public Health
Department of Community and Family Health
Associate/Full Professor and Director of the Florida Prevention Research Centre
Position # 8480
Position: Associate/Full Professor in Community and Family Health, tenure-earning, 1.0 FTE, 12-month faculty appointment
Minimum qualifications: Doctoral/terminal degree in public health, marketing, communications, social/behavioural sciences, or a closely related field. Evidence of scholarship and teaching experience in higher education. Evidence of grant funding and grant management. A minimum of two years of continuous and productive accomplishment as an Assistant Professor at a University, or equivalent, to be considered for Associate Professor and a minimum of two years of continuous and productive accomplishment as an Associate Professor at the University, or equivalent to be considered for Full Professor.
- Evidence of innovation in teaching and mentoring including, but not limited to, courses with themes in program planning, community engagement, health disparities, and community-based prevention research.
- Evidence of management of multidisciplinary funded centres or comprehensive large scale programs focused in public health, communications/social marketing or marketing.
- Evidence of achievement and defined plan for research related to social marketing and public health with grant funding
- Unique qualities that offer the Department and College an opportunity to expand its vision or mission, augmenting social marketing research, teaching, and leadership.
- Evidence of and a defined plan for contributing to the success of our College and Department through service/leadership activities.
Responsibilities: Serve as PI on the Community-Based Prevention Marketing for Systems Change Cooperative Agreement with the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and as Director of the Florida Prevention Research Centre. Responsibilities also include the ability to develop and teach diverse and competitive graduate level courses applicable to issues and degree program, contribute to faculty and professional service, participate in research activities in the domain of community based prevention research, community and family health, with an emphasis in social marketing and obtain and maintain extramural funding for research activities with publication in peer-reviewed journals of at least national dissemination.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin August 1, 2015.
Salary & Benefits: Nationally competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To apply: Candidates must complete an online application to be considered for this position. Please visit https://employment.usf.edu to access the “Faculty” section and search for position #00008480 or Job Opening 7469, Associate/Full Professor. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter indicating how minimum and preferred qualifications are met including a teaching and research philosophy statement. Unofficial graduate education transcripts and a list of five references will also be required. An employment background check is required.