As a legally registered organisation we now need to appoint a board of directors, mandated by our own members. We encourage and hope for wide participation among our members. If you are not a member yet, you can join through the Membership section on our website. We also invite you to put your name forward as a future board member if you are up for the following set of tasks.
The main responsibilities of ESMA Board of Directors are:
- support the growth of ESMA as a globally recognized professional organisation for European Social marketing
- increase awareness of Social Marketing methods, research, practice and evidence among academics, practitioners, and policy makers
- enhance knowledge sharing among members
- seek affiliation with appropriate partner organisations
- secure funding and financial integrity of the organisation
- organise a biennial European Social Marketing conference
The ESMA Board of Directors will comprise six members. It is up to the board members to divide roles and responsibilities amongst themselves to meet the requirements set out above.
How to apply
Registered ESMA members* are entitled to run for a position on the Board. If you wish to apply, please send a statement describing why you want to be a Board Member of ESMA and what you can contribute to the Association (maximum, 250 words) plus a standard CV (pdf), including disclosure of roles and affiliations with other organisations (boards) and a recent profile picture of yourself to email@example.com.
*Please refer to www.europeansocialmarketing.org/membership-account/membership-levels/ for details and to sign up as a member, if you aren’t already part of our growing community.
We will collect candidates’ profiles pictures and post photos and the 250 word statement on our website in the upcoming weeks. All members will receive an email with an invitation to vote.
- 25/09/14 Announcement of elections & invitation to apply.
- 31/10/14 Candidate application process closes. Please submit your application in by then.
- 07/11/14 Candidate profiles will be posted on our website: https://europeansocialmarketing.org/ You will receive a note.
- 10/11/14 Online voting open. We’ll send personalised links to members to vote
- 24/11/14 Online voting closes. Last chance to have your say who will be on the ESMA Board for the next two years.
- 01/12/14 Announcement of ESMA’s 1st elected board of directors. Time to celebrate!
This is your chance to make a difference in a young and developing organisation. Run for a position on ESMA’s 1st elected Board of Directors and help create a European hub for behaviour and social change professionals!
ESMA Executive group