The Nordic Health Promotion Research Network and the local Conference Committee announce the 8th Nordic Health Promotion Research Conference (NHPRC) to be held 20-22 June 2016 at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
The 8th NHPRC celebrates 20 years of Nordic conferences as the first was held in 1996 in Bergen, Norway. Therefore, the main theme of the conference focuses on the developments of the last 20 years. However, the past is not the main focus but rather it leads the discussion to the current situation and future issues. One of these issues is the implementation of the determinants of health in the local communities.
The conference welcomes researchers and practitioners to present research projects, share new findings and discuss the methodological issues in health promotion research. Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Lasse Kannas, University of Jyväskylä;
- Professor Bente Wold, University of Bergen;
- Sir Michael Marmot (to be confirmed early 2016), University College London;
- Mrs. Anna Balkfors, City of Malmö;
- Chief Specialist, PhD, Timo Ståhl, National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL);
- Professor Susan Michie, University College London;
- Professor Lone Friis Thing, University of Copenhagen.
The abstracts submission deadline has been extended until 29th November 2015.
The conference venue is the Agora-building at the University of Jyväskylä and the official language is English.