Professorship (Open Rank)
Community health and health care systems
The Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern
The Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, employs over 150 staff, provides undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and carries out research in a range of disciplines relevant to clinical epidemiology and public health.
Community health care and health promotion are part of a society’s social structures and organization. As part of Public Health these disciplines aim to describe, explain and act on the processes and factors that determine the health of societies and their subpopulations. For that, it is crucial to understand the social structural conditions and the behaviours of patients and providers of health and social care. ISPM is in the process of establishing a new professorship to address key issues in the field of community health and health care systems.
- has a strong record in applying social sciences theories and methods to study the contextual conditions of health, health behaviors and health care in and with communities
- has shown expertise in interdisciplinary academic work
- has profound expertise in qualitative and mixed methods. Experience in quantitative methods would be welcome
- produces scientific work with high practice relevance for community health promotion, health policy and decision making (science for change)
- has an excellent academic record on post-doc level or higher.
- The ability to communicate in German is a strong plus.